Setting up the development environment on a Windows PC.
Install EclipseInstall Eclipse Luna or newer (I’ve installed Eclipse Oxygen which is the newest version of Eclipse at the time of writing this). It’s important to choose the Eclipse version that says Eclipse for Java developers. You can download eclipse from the Eclipse website. (Be sure to choose the same bit version as your OS – If you can run 64 bit choose the 64 bit version))
Install the Connect IQ plugin
- In the top menu of Eclipse, go to Help > Install New Software
- Use the Add… button to add http://developer.garmin.com/downloads/connect-iq/eclipse/
- Mark the check box next to Connect IQ in the list and hit Next
Configure the Connect IQ plugin
- Click on Connect IQ -> SDK manager
- Browse for a directory where you want to save the Connect IQ SQK
- Choose the Connect IQ SQK version you want to use to develop (usually you will want the most recent version)
- Download the SDK version from https://developer.garmin.com/connect-iq/sdk/
- In Eclipse set the location of the SDK in Window -> Preferences -> Connect IQ
Generate a developer keyin Eclipse go to Window -> Preferences -> Connect IQ -> Compiler and click the Generate button to generate a developer key.
Next: On to tutorial 1Next: Tutorial – Create a Connect IQ datafield
FeedbackDid you like this article?
- Post in the comments section below!